Scalable Game Design wiki
From Scalable Game Design wiki
| Mission: Reinventing computer science in public schools by motivating & educating all students including women and underrepresented communities to learn about computer science through game design starting at the middle school level.
Results: The project aimed at instructing 1200 students in 3 years but exceeded expectations in the first semester of implementation. The project has turned into the largest study of middle school computer science education in the USA with over 10,000 subjects from Alaska to Texas; from East coast to West coast including some of the most diverse and toughest schools in the nation; 45% of the students were girls, 64% of the girls want to continue! research summary...
June 10 - 16, 3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate STEM, Advanced 3D Games + 3D STEM
2014 Institute for Districts
June 20 - 22 at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Priority acceptance of Adams 12, Aurora Public Schools, Boulder Valley School District, and St. Vrain Valley School District teachers
- Information available through your district's Instructional Technology office
Want to Know What's Coming up with Scalable Game Design Project?
- Hour of Code AgentCubes Online (Beta) Activity Now Live!
- Check out the brand new AgentCubes Online (beta) activity for free between now through the end of January.
- A self-paced video tutorial leads beginner through expert game designers through the process of creating 3 dimensional arcade-style games. Experienced AgentSheets/AgentCubes designers can move straight into complex simulation design including Artificial Intelligence. Go on, code on!
- 10/30/13: Scalable Game Design was featured at the NY Tech Meetup, November 4, Skirball Theater at NYU.
- 10/1/13: Scalable Game Design has been covered in WIRED Magazine.
- Follow Scalable Game Design on Facebook
Games and Simulations
Uploads and Downloads
Help for Teachers