Scalable Game Design wiki
Mission: Reinventing computer science in public schools by motivating & educating all students including women and underrepresented communities to learn about computer science through game design starting at the middle school level. More...
Results: The project aimed at instructing 1200 students in 3 years but exceeded expectations by instructing over 8,000 students; 45% of the students were girls, 64% of the girls want to continue! more on initial research...
- Jan 13, Repenning presents Scalable Game Design at the Technology Leadership Forum in Colorado Springs.
- Jan 1, 2012, The "Type II: CT4TC - Computational Thinking for Teaching Computing: Validating a Theory of Broadening Participation", NSF CE21 project officially begins.
- Nov. 6: The Brazilian Scalable Game Design wiki is officially launched.
- Sept. 28: Repenning to give Keynote at the Latin American Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (IHC & CLIHC 2011) in Brazil.
- June 28: Scalable Game Design Brasil Project ("Clique para a Computação") was officially launched at the Universidade Federal Fluminense: (photos, News Article (Google translated)
- June 23: Scalable Game Design at the TIE Conference with Alex and Mark
- June 12: Channel 9NEWS, "Colorado's News Leader" features a report of the Summer Institute
- June 6: Front-page press coverage for the 2011 Summer Institute by the Boulder Daily Camera
- Other project news
- Follow Scalable Game Design on Facebook