2014 SI Intermediate Level
2014 Scalable Game Design Summer Institute Intermediate Level
June 13 - 14 (Friday - Saturday)
June 13 8:30 - 5:30
June 14 8:30 - 5:30, optional STEM workshop and dinner Thursday, June 12th, 5:30 - 9:00 RSVP required
Learn how to create and teach basic computational science models/simulations in STEM subjects (E.G. the spread of a virus, the problem with forest fires) using AgentSheets and Excel.
- Why make simulations in your classroom?
- Ideas on how to use models and simulations in the classroom
- Designing your first projects
- The design method and tool
- How to grade/assess projects
- Enhance the project - hierarchy of needs
- Minimum 1 year prior participation in the project or by approval
- Bring a laptop computer with charger to the workshops (no netbooks).
- Minimum Operating System for Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium (not Starter), and any Mac.
- Must pre-load software and TEST it prior to attendance.
- Mandatory homework prior to arrival.