Past Events and Conferences
From Scalable Game Design wiki
- 1 NEWS
- 2 Recent Events
- 3 Past Conferences
- February 3, 2015: Scalable Game Design is awarded a Google RISE Partnership award Press release
- December 14, 2012: Girlstart is awarded a Computer Science Collaboration Project Mini grant to engage Hispanic/Latino youth to game design with AgentSheets
- June 5, 2012: Scalable Game Design coverage by the Colorado Daily.
- January 13, 2012: Repenning presents Scalable Game Design at the Technology Leadership Forum in Colorado Springs.
- January 1, 2012: The "Type II: CT4TC - Computational Thinking for Teaching Computing: Validating a Theory of Broadening Participation", NSF CE21 project officially begins.
- November 6, 2011: The Brazilian Scalable Game Design wiki is officially launched.
- September 28, 2011: Repenning to give Keynote at the Latin American Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (IHC & CLIHC 2011) in Brazil.
- June 28, 2011: Scalable Game Design Brasil Project ("Clique para a Computação") was officially launched at the Universidade Federal Fluminense: (photos, News Article (Google translated)
- June 23, 2011: Scalable Game Design at the TIE Conference with Alex and Mark
- June 17-19, 2011: CU held Computer Science for High Schools at the University of Colorado (CS4HS 2011) sponsored by Google and AgentSheets Inc.
- June 12, 2011: Channel 9NEWS, "Colorado's News Leader" features a report of the Summer Institute
- June 6, 2011: Front-page press coverage for the 2011 Summer Institute by the Boulder Daily Camera
- Other project news
- Follow Scalable Game Design on Facebook
- Splash/Onward! Indianapolis October 26 - 31 2013
- Computer Science Education Week, December 9 - 15. 2013, Hour of Code Scalable Game Design 3D Game Design challenge, Student Showcases
- ITiCSE 2013, Uppsala, Sweden, June 23 - 25, 2014
- ISTE 2013 Teach 3D Game Design in One Week workshop, June 22, 2013
- The Games & Simulations Arcade Session, 90min Showcase, June 24, 12:30-4:00
- The ISTE 2013 National Science Foundation Showcase
- SIGCSE 2013, We will have a huge presence: 3 Papers, Google Panel, Graduate Student Research Competition, and participation at the NCWIT Booth, Denver, Colorado, March 6-9, 2013
CSTA National Conference 2013
- CSTA 2013 Annual Conference, 3 hour workshop, Computational Thinking, from Game Design to STEM in One Week
Scalable Game Design at the Technology in Education Conference 2013
- Mark led a STEM simulation session
- Mary Beth, Patty, and Jacki from Aurora Public School were there too
2012 Computer Science Education Week Student Showcases Featured Scalable Game Design Success in Colorado
- December 11th, 6:00 - 7:00 pm at Aspen Creek Elementary School with Chris Hespe, 5500 Aspen Creek Drive, Broomfield, CO
- December 11th, 5:15 - 7:15 pm AMSA Charter School in Marlborough, MA, parent night.
- December 12th, 4:30 - 6:00 pm at Mrachek Middle School with Mark Shouldice, 1955 S. Telluride St, Aurora, CO
- December 12th, 6:00 - 7:00 pm at Aspen Creek Elementary School with Brian Geraghty, 5500 Aspen Creek Drive, Broomfield, CO
- December 12th, 5:00 - 8:00 pm at Early College of Arvada with Destini Baldonado, 4905 West 60th Avenue, Arvada, CO
- December 13th, 5:00 - 6:00 pm during Science Fair events at Quest Academy with Rhonda Ricker, 3100 Sweetwater Parkway, Dacono, CO
- December 13th, TBD at Newton Middle School with Dan Cohen, 4001 East Arapahoe Road, Centennial, CO
- December 19th, 3:00 - 4:30 pm at Pleasant View Middle School with Candice Musso, 23600 Everett Road, Pueblo, CO
- VL/HCC 2010
- SPLASH 2010, the conference subsuming OOPSAL and including Onwards!
- SIGCSE (e.g., http://www.cs.arizona.edu/groups/sigcse09/ deadline for 09 is over) put '10 deadline on you calendar (Jan 20, 2010)
- Creativity & Cognition, Berkley, CA, October 27-30, full paper deadline: April 24, 2009
- ITiCSE 2010, the 15th annual conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, Ankara, Turkey, paper deadline: Jan 15, 2010
- Keynote: ETH Zürich den Tag der Schweizer Informatik-Olympiade, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZ), January 12, 2013, Zürich, Switzerland
- Workshop: Schweizer Tag für den Informatikunterricht, Kantonsschule Limmattal, January 11, 2013, Urdorf, Switzerland
- EdMedia 2012, Paper and Showcase, Denver, Colorado, June 26-29
- ISTE 2012, Teach Your Students Game Design in One Week, San Diego, CA, June 25, Alexander Repenning
- 2012 Technology in Education (TIE) Conference, Copper Mountain, CO, June 19, 2pm-5pm, Mark Shouldice and Kyuhan Ko, AgentSheets workshop
- 2012 Google CS4HS, Computational Thinking Tools, Boulder, CO, June 15 - 17
- 2012 CE21 PI and Community Meeting , Washington, DC, Meet us at the Games for Education presentation
- SIGCSE 2012, Raleigh, NC, Meet us at the National Science Foundation Showcase, poster sessions or paper presentations
- CSTA Colorado Chapter meeting, Lakewood, CO, Presentation on Computational Thinking with AgentSheets and AgentCubes
- ISTE 2012, San Diego, CA, Participate in the "Game Design in one Week" 1 hour workshop
- SXSW 2012 March 9-13, Austin Texas, Meet us at the "Gaming Tools Kids Want to Use" Interactive session Warning: SXSW is officially cool as it is featured in WIRED!
- TIE Colorado, Copper Mountain, CO, Participate in this 3 hour workshop
- 2012 Consortium For Computing Sciences In Colleges Conference (ACM / SIGCSE), Denver, CO, October, Keynote on Game Design
- SIGCSE 2011: Reaching Out, The 42nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, March 9-12, 2011, Dallas, Texas, USA
- Conference on Cyberlearning Tools for STEM Education (CyTSE), March 8-9, 2011, Berkeley, CA
- 2011 Annual Meeting - New Orleans, Louisiana, Friday, April 8 – Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- [http://www.isteconference.org/2011/ ISTE 2011, June 26-29, 2011, Philadelphia, PA
- International Society for Technology in Education Conference, ISTE 2010, June 27-30, 2010, Denver, Colorado
- American Educational Research Association, AERA 2010, Denver, Colorado, April 30 – Tuesday, May 4, Denver, Colorado
- The 41st ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, March 10-13, 2010, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2010 NSF ITEST PI Meeting, February 24-26, Washington, D.C.
- 2010 NSF Broadening Participation in Computing, BPC, February 1-2, Los Angeles, California
- Western Canadian Conference on Computing Education, Burnaby, B.C., Canada, May 1-2, 2009
- National Educational Computing Conference, Washington, DC, June 28-July 1, 2009 poster lecture
- "Scalable Game Design: Computational Thinking Tools & Curriculum for Middle School Computer Education", National School Board Association, Technology + Learning Conference, Education Excellence Fair, Denver Colorado, October 28-30, 2009
- STEMapalooza, STEMapalooza (FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC), 2009, 9am to 4pm, at the Denver Colorado Convention Center October 16-17, 2009
- WCCCE (e.g., http://www.cs.sfu.ca/wccce2009/callforpapers.html) This interesting conference that is migrating from being really a Canadian to an international conference. This will be the first year they get published in the ACM library and are connected to SIGCSE. This could be interesting. Deadline is Feb 20 for an extended abstract. Simon Fraser is THE place in the Canada for game related education. If you are a computer science student thinking about writing your first paper this may be the ideal target (hint, hint)
- ICER (e.g., http://icer.cs.berkeley.edu) I hope this not their official web site ;-) This was a good conference in the past. Deadline March 15