From Scalable Game Design wiki
Revision as of 19:47, 27 November 2016 by Hnickerson
- Frogger 3D is an official part of the 2016 Hour of Code!!
- AgentCubes Online version 1.0.2 is the first programming tool to offer a 3D printing option for agents, thereby providing an interface for physical computing.
- Missouri Summer Institute begins on June 16, 2016. Classes include 2D Game Design in St. Louis, 3D Game Design in St. Louis, and 3D Game Design in Jefferson City.
- Summer Institute 2016 commences at CU Boulder, to teach Beginner and Intermediate Scholars the benefits of AgentCubes Online, June 7, 2016.
- Our project’s work in Mexico is featured in this month's CSTA Voice (pages 2–3). Read about how our partnership with Mexico is helping to create Spanish computer science teaching materials for US students.
- In our largest Summer Institute to date, over 100 teachers learned how to teach programming and computational thinking using Scalable Game Design activities. You can read about this year's Summer Institute and start making plans to apply in 2017.
- Scalable Game Design brings more computer science education to Mexico with Chic@s Code/Everyone Codes, Feb 9, 2015.
- Google RISE video about Scalable Game Design released, Feb 3, 2015.
- Participate in the Stanley Maze Competition run by the Denver Post: design your own "The Shining" Maze.
- Getting Ready for the Computer Science Education Week with an improved Hour of Code Frogger 3D Tutorial. Now also supporting Spanish and German, December 8-14, 2014.
- Project co-PI Kris Gutiérrez recognized as one of six 2014 Distinguished Professors at the University of Colorado. See the Press release, December 4, 2014.
- eMINTS (University of Missouri) will pilot SGD online and blended (online plus face-to-face) teacher professional development training in August through October of 2014. This course is full but will be offered again. To be considered for future trainings, please fill out the interest form found on the eMINTS blog page. Learn more about this project on the eMINTS Networked Teaching and Learning blog.
- New York City Computer Science Foundation brought Scalable Game Design to NYC middle schools.
- New paper published "Beyond Minecraft: Facilitating Computational Thinking through Modeling and Programming in 3D", May 23, 2014.
- Interview on Colorado Public Radio Colorado professor out to prove computer coding isn’t just a guy thing, April 2, 2014.
- We produced a self-paced video tutorial for the Hour of Code to lead beginner through expert game designers through the process of creating 3-dimensional arcade-style games. See the press release, December 4, 2013.
- [Summer 2014 update: Experienced AgentSheets/AgentCubes designers can move straight into complex simulation design including Artificial Intelligence with the full version of AgentCubes Online available for subscription.]
- Girlstart was awarded a Computer Science Collaboration Project Mini grant to engage Hispanic/Latino youth to game design with AgentSheets, December 14, 2012.
- Scalable Game Design is covered by the Colorado Daily, June 5, 2012.
- Repenning presents Scalable Game Design at the Technology Leadership Forum in Colorado Springs, January 13, 2012.
- The "Type II: CT4TC - Computational Thinking for Teaching Computing: Validating a Theory of Broadening Participation", NSF CE21 project officially begins, January 1, 2012.
- The Brazilian Scalable Game Design wiki is officially launched, November 6, 2011.
- Repenning gives Keynote at the Latin American Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (IHC & CLIHC 2011) in Brazil, September 28, 2011.
- Scalable Game Design Brasil Project ("Clique para a Computação") was officially launched at the Universidade Federal Fluminense: (photos, News Article (Google translated), June 28, 2011.
- Scalable Game Design at the TIE Conference with Alex and Mark, June 23, 2011.
- CU held Computer Science for High Schools at the University of Colorado (CS4HS 2011) sponsored by Google and AgentSheets Inc., June 17-19, 2011.
- Channel 9NEWS, "Colorado's News Leader" features a report of the Summer Institute, June 12, 2011.
- Front-page press coverage for the 2011 Summer Institute by the Boulder Daily Camera, June 6, 2011.
See what other work we've done: